Who you should notify of the death

There are the family and friends of the deceased to notify, and it can help to have a trusted family member or friend act as a point of contact.

Others who may need to know, but not necessarily straight away, are:

  • Accountant
  • Australian Electoral Office
  • Australian Tax Office
  • Centrelink
  • Clubs, organisations and associations
  • Department of Veteran's Affairs
  • Email and social media accounts
  • Employer
  • Executor nominated by the deceased
  • Financial Institutions – eg. banks, building societies, credit unions, credit card providers, loan companies and digital monetary accounts such as eBay and PayPal
  • Home services - eg. nursing service, home delivery service, home appliance rental, medical aids rental company, cleaning or gardening services
  • Insurance companies – including funeral, life, accident, home and contents, vehicle
  • Local Government – rates and fire levy
  • Vehicles – car lease, car registration
  • Medical – dentists, specialists, hospitals, chemist, health benefits fund
  • Medicare
  • Post Office - mail delivery
  • Solicitor and/or public trustee
  • Superannuation companies
  • Telecommunications – eg. phone and internet providers
  • Utilities – eg. electricity, gas, water companies

Related articles

Contact your Le Pine funeral director today